Re: Problem: Temporary segment cannot be created in locally-managed tablespace

From: Valery Yourinsky <vsu_at_bill.mts.ru>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:42:20 +0300

Nijntje wrote:

> The problem I have:
>
> On the client machine I can use SQLplus to connect to the oracle database
> (on a remoite server).
> But when I want to use an oracle-ODBC driver to link the tables(Access) I
> get the following error:
>
> "ORA-03212: Temporary segment cannot be created in locally-managed
> tablespace"
>
> What is the problem ??

Hi Nijntje,

ORA-03212 Temporary Segment cannot be created in locally-managed tablespace

Cause: An attempt was made to create a temporary segment for SORT/HASH/LOBS in a locally-managed permanent tablespace.

Action: Alter temporary tablespace of user to a temporary tablespace or a
dictionary-managed permanent tablespace.

e.g. ALTER USER username TEMPORARY TABLESPACE tempspacename;

Valery Yourinsky

--
Oracle8 Certified DBA