redo log stats

From: Mr Taki <nospam_at_localhost.spamwarn>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 22:22:46 +0100

Hi all,
I've seen conflicting "facts" regarding the Oracle statistic called 'redo log space requests' and what actions to take to resolve the problem. Some say it pertains to waiting for redo log buffer space (in SGA) and some say to waiting for redo log file space (file), each with different actions. (Btw, my "gut" tells me that it is the latter, i.e. waiting for a complete log
switch so that the next file/group can be used. But then I can think of a few different problems causing this, like too small files, or DBWR performance problem.)

Can somebody bring forth explanation to the actual fact, whether it is the redo log file or the log buffer, and some source reference then I'd be really glad :-)

Regards
/Fad Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 15:22:46 CST