Re: Latest version of Oracle for NT4.0

From: Paul <paul_fountain_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 23:17:35 GMT

8.1.7 is out for NT4/2000. It hasn't been out for very long. It probably came out in November but don't quote me on this. It is the last production release of 8i. The next database release will be 9i which is scheduled to be out mid year I think, but the release will probably slip a bit. I don't know of anybody that has it in a production system yet but I'm sure it is being used somewhere. I have it running on my laptop but that is hardly a production system. I think that anybody who installs 9ias will have the db upgraded to 8.1.7 as part of the 9ias install process. 8.1.7 has a few extra features over 8.1.6 and in theory has fixed any bugs with 8.1.6 but I'm sure there will be a few introduced bugs the will emerge over time.

regards

Paul

In article <9326dk$ef9$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jbachler_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hello, wich is the latest version of Oracle for Widows NT 4.0?
> I know version 8.1.6 was released in early 2000, is there a
> newer version (lets say 8.1.7) for Windows NT 4.0?
> If so, when it was first released and for how long has been
> used in production systems? It is any less reliable than 8.1.6?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jorge
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/