7.3.4 write failure on NT4.0 :(

From: Demented Demigod <dd_at_hell.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 08:25:43 -0800

Hey folks,

    I was hoping you could give me some help on this one.

We are running 7.3.4 server on an NT4.0 box and recently had it come up with a PMON error requiring restart of the database. (We didn't get a chance to take down the specifics of the error before the local sysadmin restarted ).

The PMON trace pointed us to the <sid>LGWR.TRC file in which we found this error

Now, I think this means that there was an error trying to write to the 'E:\ORANT\DATABASE\LOG1PDEV.ORA'
file, caused because NT "could not find the environment option that was entered". How do I find out what environment option was entered, and how does that help me? (or am I on the wrong track completely? ;)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

yours,

    Chris Stevens
    chris.stevens_at_isspl.com.au Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 10:25:43 CST