Re: How do check who is connecting to the database server?

From: R. Scott Hunter <robertscothunter_at_aol.comnospam>
Date: 04 Jan 2001 05:26:58 GMT

Or you can use Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and the Instance Manager module, which makes the process a little less tedious; though I teach my DBA's to know things like this through SQL*PLUS as they mightn't always have the luxury of a nice fluffy GUI.

OEM's Lock Manager is particularly handy when you have a lock contention mess in that you can identify what is monopolizing a lock and just click to kill the offending process without having to do a mess of queries.

Of course having said that OEM is giving me fits right now but the tracing and analysis features of the Tuning and Diagnostic Packs make it worth looking at to add to your set of tools

R. Scott Hunter
Please respond to: rshunter_at_navy.org
GO NAVY!