Re: about data independence

From: Trog <trog_at_delete>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 23:06:05 -0000

Blah rec.humor.oracle.d, blah ¤Ñ©w ...

> the problem is that
> "Explain how both Logical Data Independence and Physical Data Independence"
> can be achieved in the ANSI/SPARC architecture of a database management
> system.

Easy. Logical Data Independence refers to data (a collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn) that are capable of, or reflecting the capability for, correct and valid reasoning based on an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts, free from control or influence of another or others. Physical Data Independence means pretty much the same thing except that in this instance we're talking about physical stuff, which means that it has to have substance or material existence - it's got to be perceptible to the senses.

In order to achieve this in an architectural sense or, to put it another way, with regard to the principles of design and construction and ornamentation, you may use a database management system, as opposed to an autocratic management system or even a committee management system. Forget the ANSI/SPARC thing though - that's a typo. It was meant to be the anserine/spank architecture.

> thankx

Don't mention it.

--
Tim.