Re: Number of extents related with performance?

From: Jimmy <anonymous_at_anonymous.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 17:21:51 -0800

Hello Nuno,

        I am using block size 8K. In fact, the whole story is, I am DBA, and some developers complain about the performance of the database. I found that most of the tables they were using is 32K. Later, I truncated some tables, change the size of NEXT parameters of some large tables to a higer values, and then load the data again to these tables. After the above action, developers said the performance is improved. In fact, some papers mentioned that the performance is not related with the extent sizes (provided that no. of extents below 1000).

David