Log Checkpoint

From: <ccdicky_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 02:35:22 GMT

Hi there,

I am newbie of Oracle8i. I know the log will be archived out every one and half hour by default log checkpoint settings even though the log is not full. However, on my development site, due to the space constraint, I disable this default by following settings:

log_checkpoint_timeout = 0
log_checkpoint_interval = 0

And everything remains default. I thought the log should have been archived out when the log is got full. But it is not. Can anybody tell me what is the right way to disable the log checkpoint. Any input would be appreaicated.

Dicky

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Jan 01 2001 - 20:35:22 CST