Re: Truncate table and Triggers

From: Mike Krolewski <mkrolewski_at_rii.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 21:38:56 GMT

In article <92qrjs$aku$07$1_at_news.t-online.com>,   "Nicolas Bronke" <newsgroup_at_trinity.de> wrote:
> I placed a delete trigger on a table to unpermit delete operations
 under a
> special condition.
>
> Now I fpund out, that truncate table ommit this rules. Everything is
 erased
> nevertheless from the rules.
>
> Perhaps it is logically, but how can I avoid this situation?
>
> regards
> Nicolas

Truncate command should fall into a privilege command. Assuming not everyone is loging in as the owner of the table, one can restrict issuing of the command.

Make a second user who has at least select access to the other user's tables. Look into grants and synomyms. If the second user is going to make inserts and updates, you add this to the grants. Your triggers written for the owner of the tables will function with this scheme.

--
Michael Krolewski
Rosetta Inpharmatics

Sent via Deja.com