Re: Number of extents related with performance?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 11:41:39 GMT

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 23:54:03 -0800, Jimmy <anonymous_at_anonymous.com> wrote:

> I am using Oracle 8.0.6.1 and solaris 2.6.
>
> The result make me feel that the size of extents is so important in
>creating the objects.

Very strange. See if you can get a copy of the paper I mentioned. It's worth reading. Might be because of block size you're using, or the specific nature of the applications you have running.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sun Dec 31 2000 - 05:41:39 CST