Re: Oracle vs SQl Server

From: Some Body <somebody_at_someone.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 07:29:56 GMT

I have a basic question with regards this comparison:

What are the relative disk-space requirements for the program files and the data? I'm guessing that Oracle needs at least twice the disk space for the data, because of the need to hold the redo logs, archive logs and also the need to preallocate space not yet needed for data. SQL Server, I believe, gets more disk space as needed from the OS. Is this correct? Received on Sun Dec 31 2000 - 01:29:56 CST