Re: Number of extents related with performance?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:58:27 -0000

And on that note - it's the last chance for Y2K bugs to hit us (I hope). A very small note in one of the local (to the UK) papers has just pointed out that computer systems holding dates in the YYYYddd form (days in year) may not cater for the fact that 2000 is a leap year - so what happens on 31st Dec ?

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html