Re: Bounce the database?

From: GC <assistant_madman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 04:05:08 GMT

Denise Loving wrote:

> I'm studying the Oracle OCP preparation material on CD, and in the
> simulations I've encountered the term "bounce the database." For
> example, "you must bounce the database before the change to
> SHARED_POOL_SIZE takes effect."
>
> What, precisely, does it mean to bounce a database? I can't find

You must physically pick up the box and slam it down on the ground a few times. Shakes all the stuck bits loose (here's hoping you don't have a washing-machine sized raid disk farm ... :)

As you already seen, it simply means to shutdown and restart the db.

Cheers,
GC Received on Fri Dec 29 2000 - 22:05:08 CST