ORA-00600 help needed

From: Archibald <archibald_at_computer.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 20:32:39 +0100

Since more than a week we have some serious errors on our database (8.1.6, 40GB on AIX 4.3.3, RAID 1). Dumps are written with different ORA-00600 errors. More and more bad blocks appear in our database. Our ORACLE consultant suggested to export and import the data into a fresh database. What do you think ? Is there a chance that the error will disappear ? Any idea about the reason for the bad blocks ? We are accessing the database with a self developed FORMS 4.5 (16 bit) application. The network connection from/to the clients isn't very good.

Thanks

Archibald Received on Wed Dec 27 2000 - 13:32:39 CST