Re: restoring row entries from a database

From: Stefan Jahnke <q5665841_at_bonsai.fernuni-hagen.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:33:04 +0100

kaprino_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Can you restore certain rows in a table database instead of a complete
> table? If so what steps must be taken?
>
> Regards,
>
> kaprino
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Hi,

if you're on Oracle 8i, you can give the export utility a where-clause to export only some tables, then, import this again to your new db. I don't really know now, wether you are also able to give the import a where-clause.
Or, if you are on an older oracle version, create a db-link and insert ... (select ..) the data.
If that doesn't work (dbs don't "see" each other for example), use the utl_file package to create either an insert-script with the data you need, or create a plain text file with your data and use sql loader to import the stuff to your other db.

ciao
Stefan Received on Wed Dec 27 2000 - 10:33:04 CST