Re: drop tablespace takes forever

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:44:01 +0100

drop tablespace drops all objects one by one and has to perform extent management on all objects dropped, updating the datadictionary. So what is causing the delay is now quite obvious. No other solutions are available than exporting the database and rebuilding it from scratch, *not* importing the affected user.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA