Re: Error while installing oracle on Redhat Linux6.2

From: Mallikarjan Doguparthi <mallikarjan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 20:42:58 GMT

Hi all,

I was trying to install oracle816 while I am in character mode. Which is a stupid thing i did. That is why I got the below error.

One has to go to xwindows by typihg startx at $ prompt after logging in as oracle. From ther open an xterm window and run the installer then it works fine.

It worked for me.

Thanks