Exclusive (non-reentrant) Stored Procedure

From: <dejaschirf_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 17:46:55 GMT

I need to create a stored procedure that is, in effect, not reentrant. What I’d like to have happen is for any calls to the stored procedure which occur while it is already running to immediately return as if they had run successfully. I’ve looked for a semaphore mechanism in Oracle but have had no luck finding a way to create a resource lock that will unlock automatically on unexpected termination.

Can anyone help me with this?

Paul Schirf
Frustrated Oracle Developer

Sent via Deja.com