Re: copying oracle 8.0.5 db to oracle 8i

From: <eric_dewerth_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 01:38:39 GMT

The last would be the way to go...Do a full export of the 8.0.5 and import into 8.1.6. Just create 8.1.6 dB w/ the tablespaces and schema the same as 8.0.5 so that the data will go to the proper places w/o any manipulation on the import...Good luck...

Eric

In article <91r58b$kq5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   maylee <mayleel_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> I am creating a new oracle 8i installation on a linux server. I
> currently have an oracle 8.0.5 database on a sun server.
>
> I created the instance with the exact same settings as the existing
 db,
> and included the compatible=8.0.5 setting in the init.ora.
>
> A made a 'backup control file to trace' script in the new db instance.
>
> Can I clone the existing db by performing a cold backup of the
 existing
> database (8.0.5) and then copying the files to the new server and,
> modifying the control file creation script?
>
> PS: Performing a full import/export is my last resort....
>
> Any help in this area will be appreciated...
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Dec 25 2000 - 19:38:39 CST