Re: db_block_buffer

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 19:31:51 +0100

Such a radical measure usually just increases page faulting on O/S level (assuming your db_block_size is not 2k, where such a number may be adequate) If your current hitrate is 75 percent, you probably just have a badly tuned application and doubling db_block_buffers indeed is not going to resolve that.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA