Re: Error starting up instance.

From: <ordabber_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 01:41:46 GMT

Hi,

It seems that Oracle tries to allocate more memory than you have available. (Are there other databases on the same machine?)

In the parameter file, you can specify (and change) the memory that Oracle will use. For some parameters memory is just consumed with the amount that you specify (like SHARED_POOL_SIZE), other are multiplied with some other parameter (like db_block_buffer, where the number is multiplied by db_block_size).

If this analysis is correct, you should reduce the allocated memory by playing with the parameters in the INIT<SID>.ORA file.

Bart.

In article <922g7o$2p0s$1_at_newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com>,   "HYANG HWANG" <7215H_at_prodigy.net> wrote:
> Can some one help me on this.
>
> - I have Sun8 on intel with oracle 8.1.5 just installed.
> 192 meg of memory
>
> - At first, I got this message.
> SVRMGR> startup nomount
> ORA-27102: out of memory
> Intel SVR4 UNIX Error: 22: Invalid argument
>
> - I added below to /etc/system file.
>
> set shmsys: shminfo_shmmni = 400
> set shmsys: shminfo_shmseg = 50
> set semsys: seminfo_semmns = 14000
> set semsys: seminfo_semmni = 1024
> set semsys: seminfo_semmsl = 1024
> set shmsys: shminfo_shmmax = 4294967295
>
> - I still get error message
> SVRMGR> startup nomount
> ORA-27146: post/wait initialization failed
>
> Thanks for you help..
> Young.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sat Dec 23 2000 - 19:41:46 CST