Re: Oracle vs SQl Server

From: Michael A. <banana_boat_x_at_x_1stconnect.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 06:55:35 -0500

> Can anyone provide me some insight into the relative merits of Oracle
> vs SQL 2000?

I haven't used SQLServer all that much myself, but I know it's usually not mentioned in polite company in the firms for which I've done work in recent years. Mostly things having to do with table corruption and scalability.

Personally, it's a Big Red Flag when I see a so-called enterprise-level DBMS including, and even relying upon, a utility for recovering corrupted database tables. Why is it even needed?

Mike Received on Sat Dec 23 2000 - 05:55:35 CST