Moving table segment from one datafile to another

From: Doug Murphy <douglasmurphy_at_avaya.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:35:24 -0600

    Is there a way to move a segment of a table from one datafile to another without reorganizing the table or the tablespace? We have a huge (~160 GB) tablespace where the only thing in some datafiles are segments of our largest (~20 GB) table, and we want to drop a few datafiles from the tablespace to be reused elsewhere without having to reorganize the table.

    We are running Oracle 8.0.6 on HP-UX 11.0, if that makes a difference. Please contact me directly, in addition to the mail list.

Doug Murphy
douglasmurphy_at_avaya.com Received on Fri Dec 22 2000 - 09:35:24 CST