"MINUS" Problems

From: <wax_man_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:46:37 GMT

We are trying to compare the data in some schemas we have. The compare is being done across dblinks. Does anyone know how to get the sql to work when the tables have columns of type long? Everytime the sql hits a table with a long data type, we get the following errors: ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype
ORA-02063: preceding line from <remote_db>

Here is the sql I'm running:
select * from <table_name> minus select * from <table_name>@<remote_db>;

Thanks for any and all help.

Sent via Deja.com