How would I use Upper( ) function?

From: John Andersen <johna_at_digisys.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 21:30:15 -0700

Hi All,

I am implementing a canned Help Desk application using Oracle as the back-end. I have created the Schema, Tablespaces, and Tables, Constraints, etc.

What I need to do now is make every record that is inserted (or updated) be in UPPER CASE, even if the user types it in lower case.

Would this be done by using a trigger, using Oracle's Upper( ) function?? If so, please give some details.

Thanks in advance!!

JA Received on Fri Dec 22 2000 - 22:30:15 CST