How do I access Oracle 8i tables from a korn shell script

From: toddthom <orclnwsgrp_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 01:32:24 GMT

 I'm a beginner and I'm wondering how to access Oracle 8i using a korn shell script. I'd like to issue a SQL select statement on a table in our database and somehow import the results back to my script for further processing. Is it necessary to invoke SQL+ and then pipe the results back to a file?

Thanks

Todd

--
Peace