Re: Tablespace question

From: <mike_st0ne_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:51:58 GMT

In article <91vk9d$55o$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   raymondlopez_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> U can move the datafile across without shutting down the database.
>
> 1) take the tablespace offline;
> 2) move/copy the concerned datafile to the relevent location
> 3) give 'alter tablespace xx rename datafile '/.../../..' to
 '/.../..';
> 4) get tablespace online
>
> thats it.
>
> Regards,
> Ray.

that's it? No disrespect, but not quite, in my view.

Choose between

5) put gun back in holster
6) get back into saddle
7) ride off into sunset

and

5) shutdown immediate
6) take cold backup
7) startup

or possibly

5) take hot backup

latter options very pedantic, but prudent - particularly if krypto's base isn't archiving redo logs.

Mike S

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Dec 22 2000 - 08:51:58 CST