Re: Benchmarks - Java vs PL/SQL

From: <jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 22:36:49 GMT

I agree that its important to write effiecient SQL but for applications that are transaction and query intensive, bad data access will kill performance. In the test I conducted 10,000 iterations of "select 'X' from dual" took 7.5 sec in a java stored procedure vs .15 in PL/SQL. I doubt even the sql savvy technician could hint the above statement enough to put java stored procs over the top.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Dec 22 2000 - 16:36:49 CST