OMS vs. direct to remote database

From: Mike Jensen <mike.jensen_at_mn.efi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:37:07 GMT

I'm attempting to connect to a remote database in Oracle and am encountering the following:

Via db studio, I can get at the db just fine if I attach directly to local database.

I can ping the remote machine, and tnsping the remote (listener?). So I believe my SID and node are correct.

When I autodiscover on the node, it finds the database just fine. But when I try to access it, and give it a valid login (system, sys, userdefined, etc. etc.) I'm told that the host or service isn't there.

I checked that machine, and it's agent is running, along with the tnslistner, along with the service which I tnspinged above.

Any other ideas on what I could be missing. I've setup an admin account that is available for the node and the DB with admin privs, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Jensen Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 16:37:07 CST