Oracle vs SQl Server

From: <dlander1525_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:43:53 GMT

I work in a SQL 7.0 development shop where a rebel element is working overtime to convert us to Oracle presenting it as the Holy Grail of database engines. I confess I know very little about Oracle but most of the reasons they are presenting to justify the switch seem to be things already offered by SQL 2000.

Maybe I am just being difficult but I can't find any motivation to switch unless we are going to gain access to a whole new level of power and capability.

Can anyone provide me some insight into the relative merits of Oracle vs SQL 2000?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 12:43:53 CST