Re: different between oracle 8i standard vs enterprise edition

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 23:31:35 GMT

Here is a matrix detailing the differences between Standard and Enterprise.

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server. 817/a76962/ch4.htm#52939

My opinion - most small to mid-size companies will never need the extra features in Enterprise. And it costs about 10 times as much as Standard.

John Alexander
www.SummitSoftwareDesign.com
St. Petersburg, FL