Re: Oracle 8i Netware Installation dies

From: Viacheslav Leichinsky <v_leichinsky_at_ittoolbox.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 07:35:11 GMT

In article <DGR%5.1932$Nn1.343673_at_news.uswest.net>,   "Mike Sangray" <msangray_at_glacierbank.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I tried installing my copy of Oracle 8i that comes with Netware
 5.1, and
> the installation dies every time it gets to 63% of the files copied.
 I have
> tried reinstalling 2 or 3 times, but it keeps failing at this spot.
 I have
> made sure the volume has block sub-allocation turned off, and I have
 also
> unloaded java.nlm and all zenworks modules I have running, but this
 hasn't
> helped. Any thoughts?
> Mike

Hello Mike,

I've never installed Oracle8i on Netware 5.1 but I think you should look up log files to get more information. As far I know, Oracle installer based on Java and requires a lot of memory. Also Oracle 8.1.5 release seems unstable. May be you shoold apply Netware support pack or try to install Oracle on NSS volume. Of course, you should go to support.novell.com.

Regards,
Slava.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 01:35:11 CST