Re: EBU - Please advise...

From: Lange Francois <flange_at_pt.lu>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:38:51 +0100

Hi,
To get the media manager freely.

Hardware requirement:
at least a tape drive.

Go to www.legato.com, there is a demo version available.

Install the server on a computer ( can be the same as the client).

Don't forget to install ON THE SERVER the module enabling Legato and Oracle.

CLIENT
Install the client library libobk.so.

Use the oracle makefile to point to this library or manually rename the file which is refere by libobk.so in the Oracle_Home directory and create a name with this name to the libobk.so provided by LEGATO.

Setup the
NSR_SERVER variable and make your first backup.

FOR DEBUGGING
Create the following directory
/nsr/applog[s] ( don't remember if the s is there or not so create both directory ).

Check in the udump directory for a file wich end with *.log ( not *.trc). If it's complain about BACKUP_DIR not set. This means you are still using the Oracle libobk.so library and not the LEGATO one.

Create an EBU catalog per database. For all the owner catalog you have to redefine the DBA_ views due to the fact that EBU is looking for other installatioon on the database.

Becarefull if you are planning to use EBU for backup starting with cron.

Create a orapw file
register the database with a user wich is not osopper NO osdba !

This will help.

Any others questions mail.

You can also write a libobk.so there are specification on the web about the function description you have to set in the libobk.so library.

Regards Francois