Re: Scalable Performace - Inserts/Updates

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:24:35 -0000

The basis of your discussion is no doubt why Oracle has played around with parameters like:

    lgwr_io_slaves
    lgwr_async_io

over the last few years. (Both are hidden in 8.1.7) In theory they allow for Oracle doing the multiplexing without the loss of time due to the need to serialise copies of each write.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html