Re: ODBC drivers

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:18:35 GMT

In article <91tgv9$gt0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   pforman_at_edmunds.com wrote:
> What's the recommended ODBC driver to use with something like Access
> and Oracle.
>
> Someone mentioned to me that we had a problem if the Oracle ODBC
 driver
> was used and we tried to view a table in Access that had a long
> column. If the MS ODBC driver was used, we couldn't view a table if
 it
> had a CLOB column.

You shouldn't have any problem using the Oracle driver to retrieve LONG or [C/B]LOB columns. The Microsoft ODBC driver doesn't support either of these types.

There may be problems in the Access front-end that will prevent you from displaying the contents of some of these columns. Access, for instance, tends to dislike binary data, so BLOB's won't display particularly well.

Justin Cave

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 21:18:35 CST