Tablespace question

From: <kryptogenic_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:11:59 GMT

I am very new to oracle so please forgive me if I'm horribly wrong here. I noticed in our database that a tablespace has 3 datafiles inside of it. The problem is that all 3 files are located in the same directory on the same drive. We have 3 different drives that we can place files on so my intent is to move 2 of the files to the 2 other drives. Now, my plan is to bring the database down, copy the files to the other drives at the unix level, then restart the database, take the datafiles offline and rename them to their new locations, then bring them back online. My questions is, is this the correct procedure? Thanks for any advice.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 10:11:59 CST