Re: When do I need "64-bit Oracle"?

From: Yurasis Dragon <yurasis_spamNOSPAM_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:36:38 -0700

We have the 64-bit version of 8.1.6 running under Solaris 7 in order to utilize the 7 gb of memory.

However, with 8.1.6 there is a bug if you have snapshots (not snapshot logs) in these database and have subsequent indexes on these tables/snapshots - these indexes get corrupted and, in our case, cause the snapshot refreshes to fail.

Patchset 8.1.6.2 or 8.1.7 is supposed to fix this but neither are available in a 64-bit version (for Solaris 7 anyway).