When do I need "64-bit Oracle"?

From: <tgphelps50_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:13:18 GMT

I run Oracle on IBM RS/6000 servers. I've always used the 32-bit version, because that's what kind of servers I've had. But I just ordered a model M80 server, and the docs I've seen say that this is an "rs64" architecture, which apparently means it's a "64-bit machine".

My questions are:

  1. There is both a 32-bit AND a 64-bit version of Oracle for AIX, isn't there?
  2. If so, then which version should I use for the M80 server?
  3. Will either version of Oracle run on the M80? I presume so, unless I hear otherwise.

If you can answer any of these questions, I'd appreciate it.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 09:13:18 CST