ORA-1562, Rollback segments reached max

From: hlk <hlk_at_onetel.net.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:34:10 +0000

Hi,

I get these errors codes from oracache.log with -1562, -604 and with an Oracle command "oerr ora 1562" and I got this

01562, 00000, "failed to extend rollback segment number %s" // *Cause: Failure occurred when trying to extend rollback segment // *Action: This is normally followed by another error message that caused
// the failure. Shutdown, restart and then take appropriate
action for
// the error the caused the failure. If starting up the system
// again doesn't solve the problem, it is possible that there is

// an active transaction in the rollback segment and the system
// can't roll it back for some reasons. Check the trace file
// generated by the PMON process for more information.

It seems rollback segments issue, but I am not sure Can someone tells me why it means and how it can be resolved

Thanks a lot !

Chris Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 05:34:10 CST