TOAD question re SQL sessions

From: Steve Salvemini <steve.salvemini_at_adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:36:01 +1030

A couple of things I've had to run in SqlEdit so far, does anyone know if I can query them in Toad in the Tuning area

  1. I look up the active sessions and get the sid from the sessions tab, then I want to look at the current sql running against this session

ie. sid = 37 from Sessions Tab and then:

select a.* from
v$sqlarea a, v$session s
where a.address=s.SQL_ADDRESS
and s.sid=37
order by first_load_time desc;

How can I do this in toad

2) Can I see which sql's are currently active, ie

select * from v$session where status = 'ACTIVE'

SGA Trace seems a bit limited in that it doesn't show it's status (ie Active) and it doen't show what session it belongs to, and you can't sort by anything useful. Am I missing something with this tool? Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 19:06:01 CST