Enterprise 8i on linux - default dba?

From: John McClain <jmcclain1_at_lanset.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:32:06 -0800

I have installed enterprise 8i on suse linux 7.0. The install appears to have been successfull. ( how can I really tell for sure??) BUT, I would like to have access to the database I just installed! Throughout the entire isntall process ( using the universal installer) I never once was give a user and password for a login to sqlplus. Should there be one? where could I find it? Do I need to setup db accounts using another tool? if so what tool?
The issue is that when I type sqlplus, it prompts me for a user and login  makes sense) but I don't have one, so it returns 'invalid login/password ...' Anyone out there that can help???

--
John and Michelle McClain
7604 Muschetto Ct.