ROWNUM - Questions

From: Nicolas Bronke <newsgroup_at_trinity.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:00:14 +0100

ROWNUM is nice, but for my appl. the pity is that ROWNUM is independet to a ORDER by. That mean

select rownum,columnname from tablename
and
select rownum,columnname from tablename order by columnname

brings not the rownumbering I am looking for.

I need a rownumbering which is independent from the ordering.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nicolas Received on Mon Dec 18 2000 - 15:00:14 CST