ORA-01190: controlfile or data file 33 is from before last RESETLOGS

From: Pawel Madziar <pilot_at_mielonka.polbox.pl>
Date: 18 Dec 2000 09:51:21 GMT

I've oracle 8.0.5 database running with archive log mode. There is little summary of my problem:

I've made cold backup of database
Because some previous actions I had to reset logs on the database (alter database open resetlogs)
. Some more actions that caused the restoring of the previously backed up database

And there begins my problems. When I tried to restore database, I've got error:

ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
ORA-01190: controlfile or data file 33 is from before last RESETLOGS
ORA-01110: data file 33: 'XXXX.dbf'

I've found that my backup utility (Alexandria) due to system errors doesn't backup one of data files (XXXX.dbf). Now I have such situation: all files in the database are from before RESETLOGS (made just before RESETLOGS command) and one from after (I have a copy made just after RESETLOGS command). I have not any backup of this one wrong file, so I need some other solution. I think that there is possibility to manually correct header of wrong file to have information about redologs as just before RESETLOGS. To do it (if it's possible) I need information about DBF file (header especially) format. Or maybe there is any other solution?

I would be very appreciated any help.

Regards
Pilot

--
Pilot                   pilot_at_pilot.cc