Re: Copying & resizing schema between dbs?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:43:46 -0000

I see that others have pointed you at third party tools where the export utility will do this for you.

use the syntax

exp .... compress=n

IT seems to me that the default of y is unhelpful for at least two reasons

  1. People don't read docs and so assume that compress is to do with data compression and will make their export smaller and
  2. It is far far too easy to end up unable to import an object because it is has an initial extent larger than the datafiles for the tablespace.

regards

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA