Copying & resizing schema between dbs?

From: ak <a_at_k.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:33:07 +1100

Hi,

I want to create all the objects that are present under a user in one database into another database, without data. The twist is that in the source database, the objects are very large, and I want to resize them in the target database.

I tried exporting the user with rows=n, but found that the initial extent for these objects is set to the actual size of the object in the source, so there's no benefit.

I tried creating a DDL file from the export file using indexfile=..., and started changing the storage clauses manually, but there's way too many clauses to change.

Is there a simpler way for me to copy the schema, without data, and default the storage clauses to something smaller? Even if I have to change them all to the same size, and then expand them as required, it would be OK.

Thanx for any help.

-a Received on Mon Dec 18 2000 - 00:33:07 CST