Re: error 600 with oracle 8.1.7 for linux

From: Andrew Hardy <Andrew.Hardy_at_AdvanticaTech.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:26:42 -0000

Have a look at:

ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE ; You run this from svrmgr and it generates a control file creation script in your trace file. You modify the script as needed and then start the database in nomount. Run the script to rebuild the control file and you should then be able to open the database.

Andy