Re: Linux Install Error

From: Business <ihatespam_at_nomail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 00:31:13 -0500

Check your environment variables and your directory permissions. One or more of these settings are wrong.

If you do an strace on sqlplus you should be able to better identify what's wrong.

Sample environment variables:

ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6
ORACLE_SID=devdb1l
ORACLE_DOC=/u01/app/oracle/doc

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/u01/app/oracle/product/8. 1.6/bin

You may have to go through the installation instructions and verify that each directory and executable has the right permissions.

Chris Weiss
Chief Scientist for Database Engineering PureCarbon, Inc.

"Buck Turgidson" <jc_buck_at_YAH00.com> wrote in message news:DST_5.973$ug7.96797_at_bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> I did a clean install of RedHat 6.1 today, and am now getting an Oracle
 install error. It appears to be missing a shared library.

> I was under the impression that no patches were necessary for 8.1.6 under
 RedHat 6.1