Re: Convert Oracle data to EXCEL

From: Richard Senior <richard_at_r-senior.demon.co.uk>
Date: 16 Dec 2000 11:19:47 GMT

In article <919fnh$sn5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,

        amycooley_at_my-deja.com writes:

> Anyone knows how you can convert Oracle data to Excel ? SQL Plus is
> not very user friendly. Thanks.

Aside from the other suggestions, you have at least two other options if you have access to the more recent versions of the Oracle Developer toolset. You can use Query Builder to build a query graphically and export the output to CSV, etc. You can also export data to CSV and other formats from Oracle Reports -- use the Report Wizard to build a simple report and generate the output to a file.

I'm not too familiar with Oracle Discoverer but I'm sure that has various export options too.

--
Regards,

Richard Senior