Re: Benchmarks - Java vs PL/SQL

From: Rick Hall <rickhall2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:47:56 -0500

I did some looking into this because I was considering rewriting some PL/SQL sp's in Java. According to Oracle, for sp's that are processing intensive, Java can out perform PL/SQL 5 to 1. For sp's that are data intensive PL/SQL will out perform Java at 10:1.

I wish I had a link to this, but search on Oracle's site, the info is there.

Rick