Re: VLM and putting an entire database in memory

From: Warren Spencer <wspencer_at_ap.nospam.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:07:40 -0000

dmnwork_at_my-deja.com wrote in <91bah9$cbg$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>:

>With an Alpha GS140 and gigabytes of RAM, you can apparently use
>something called VLM to put an entire database into memory.

<< snip >>

DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS should be increased to consume the size of the memory block reserved for it. Use OpenVMS' SYSGEN utility to display the Reserved Memory Registry settings, in order to determine how big the reserved block is. Different units of measure, so have your calculator handy.

ws

--
<< What if there were no hypothetical questions? >>

Warren Spencer
Senior Software Engineer
The Associated Press

** My employer does not necessarily agree with my statements **